Saturday, February 02, 2008

 

The Bridge to Terabithea by Kate Paterson

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I can't believe I have never read Katherine Paterson before now. She writes so wonderfully and captures the joy and angst of the pre-teen years so well. I imagine everyone has read this story or seen the movie (except me) so I won't tell it again. I'll just say that it's a beautiful tale for young adults. I read it quickly but was thoroughly entertained and touched by it. And surprised. I had seen trailers for the movie and now I'm glad that I read the book first. It was not at all what I had expected. And the ending . . . well, if you haven't read it, I don't want to give it away. It was very unexpected. I will gladly add this to my collection of books that I can't wait to share with my grandchildren someday. I think I've been most impressed with the Newbery books that I've read for the Book Award Challenge than any of the others. Maybe I'm still a kid at heart myself.
Rating: 5
Posted by Framed at 6:27 PM

8 comments:
3M said...
I love this book as well.
10/21/2007 8:02 PM
Booklogged said...
I read this one years ago and really liked it. When the trailers came on tv I began to wonder if I had the right story in mind. So I reread it and then watched the movie. The movie was good, but the book was better, I thought.
10/21/2007 10:24 PM
Nymeth said...
I read this for the first time a few months ago and I agree with everything you said.
10/22/2007 10:25 AM
Bellezza said...
I've picked this up, and laid it down, so many times I can't remember. Knowing that this book is sad, sad, sad keeps me from fully experiencing it, which I know is just plain ignorant. Someday I hope to finish it...
10/22/2007 3:07 PM
Literary Feline said...
I hope to get to this one before the year is out, but I have my doubts. :-) I am glad you enjoyed it so much. I read another of the author's books years and years ago. I really liked it and still have the copy on my shelf to this day.
10/22/2007 9:39 PM
Stephanie said...
It's so funny you mentioned the trailer in your review. I just read this and reviewed it about a week ago. I had actually seen the movie, although the ending surprised me in the movie. I thought the trailers were so misleading. People that saw them could pick up the book thinking it was high fantasy...and it just wasn't. But it was a fantastic book!
10/23/2007 1:54 PM
Tristi Pinkston said...
"Come Sing Jimmy Jo" by the same author was also very good.
10/26/2007 4:11 PM
michelle said...
I thought the trailers were misleading as well. The book was wonderful though! Glad you enjoyed it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?