Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Vision of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich

Thursday, November 15, 2007


Challenge: Christmas Theme
Book Around the States - New Jersey

I thought it would be fun to read this book for the Christmas Theme Book Challenge plus it was one of the few books that I found set in New Jesery. And I have always found the Stephanie Plum novels to be fun, light, and slightly bawdy reading. But the elements that I truly enjoyed: the relationship of Plum with her boyrfriend, Joe Morelli, and her attraction to the very dangerous Ranger were missing from this novel. The Elements that annoyed me: her raucous and dysfunctional family were a key ingredient. Granted this is a book about Christmas and should play up the family angle, but I didn't enjoy it. The mystery and the Christmas cheer were slight. True, there was a good-looking male for Plum to spar with, but the humor seemed flat to me. All in all, not what I expected. What a letdown.

Also, even though the book is set in Trenton, New Jersey; the flavor of that city was missing from this particular Plum novel.

Rating: 2


Posted by Framed at 9:04 PM
3 comments:
Literary Feline said...
I've come to believe that the non-numbered books may not be worth reading. I was less than impressed with Visions of Sugar Plums also. As you said, it was missing some of the elements that I like in the series.

11/15/2007 11:02 PM
Joy said...
I've only stuck with her numbered series. This confirms my decision. :)

11/16/2007 6:36 AM
Lynne said...
I haven't been thrilled with the between-the-number books either. I want more Joe and Ranger!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?